Friday means “Friday Fun Maths!” in grade 1/2. This is a time when we revise concepts that we have learnt over the past few weeks. This weeks activities included:
- 2D shape games such as “I have, who has?”, shape and colour dominoes and exploring how to make a given shape using smaller shapes with shapeometry tiles.
- 3D shape construction with play dough
- Copying and creating shapes using geoboards
- Number chart and place value revision (beyond 100)
- Multi-part pattern creation by threading and connecting unifix blocks.
Check out the pictures below to see some of the great work we did today!