Each week in grade 1/2 we have a chance to learn some new spelling words. We like to learn our words in creative and different ways, such as:
- spell skipping
- throwing and catching bean bags
- bouncing balls and spelling
- running or jumping spelling
- exercise (eg: star jumps)
- cut and paste our letters from interesting and different fonts
- white boards and magnets.
This week we used paddle pop sticks to spell our words. We enjoyed doing this because we could make the letters different sizes and shapes. Sometimes we worked together with a partner to learn our words. We had to persist even though it was tricky to make some of the letters.
Here are some photos of the spelling that we did today.
By 1/2 D